Monday, September 22, 2014

1 Transfer Down

Yes. I made it through half of training and I'm still alive! I am looking forward to see what this next transfer holds! hopefully a baptism! Our investigator Sister Kim passed the baptismal interview this last week and she is planning to be baptized this coming friday (if everything goes well)! We were able to meet with her 5 times this last week (twice with her husband)! I have been truly so blessed to be able to teach her because I may not have mentioned this before... but she speaks English very well! talk about blessed. yes I am.

This week we had several incredible appointments! For those of you who may not know much about Korea... It is considered a HUGE blessing if you have appointments in general. The people are generally very nice but always too busy to think about religion.

A miracle this week was that 10 PEOPLE came to English class. Normally we have 5-6 at the most so this was a huge blessing for us. We had a super fun time and played apples to apples with our class!

On Saturday night we had a music night with an area close to ours. We invited a lot of people and we had a big turnout! The missionaries sang and danced to a popular Korean song but that was a disaster because we didn't have time to practice...but Atleast we made the audience laugh:) 

Anyway...A scripture I read recently that describes my life perfectly right now is Alma 29:1-4. <3 READ IT! (I'm adding it in so you don't have to go look it up :) -whitney)
 O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!

 Yea, I would declare unto every soul, as with the voice of thunder, repentance and the plan of redemption, that they should repent and come unto our God, that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth.

 But behold, I am a man, and do sin in my wish; for I ought to be content with the things which the Lord hath allotted unto me.

 I ought not to harrow up in my desires the firm decree of a just God, for I know that he granteth unto men according to their desire, whether it be unto death or unto life; yea, I know that he allotteth unto men, yea, decreeth unto them decrees which are unalterable, according to their wills, whether they be unto salvation or unto destruction.
I Know that this work is true. I know Jesus Christ lives. Despite missionary work being so competely challenging,  I love it. I absolutely love serving these incredible people. We don't need to be perfect to be successful in this work. Although we all have weaknesses, I know that if I do this work with the Savior, I will be successful. I love you all so much!

Sister Hurley
Me and Sister Yokum! She is going home tomorrow :( She's in my district!
Korea is soo pretty <3
Riding Bikes in shinjeoung for PDAY!
These are the Elders serving in the same branch as Sister Bonney and me!
Elder Jackson and Elder Jang! We work with them almost daily and it is really fun!


Elders cleaning the church!
The gift we gave our investigator to help her with the Word of Wisdom!
Our Church!
Worlds cutest children!
Music Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment