Monday, May 11, 2015

11 months...

It was so great to see my beautiful families faces on skype today! crazy to think that that was the last time I will skype before I come home. I was informed this past week I will be coming home on December 21, so before Christmas! But I don't really want to talk about coming home at all... cuz well it kinda makes me really sad...

So on to other things!

This week I wanted to talk a little about the incredible people I am teaching right now! Sister Broyles and I are feeling super blessed with the investigators we have here in shinjung. I love this area so much and I feel completely at home. So here I go:

Sister Pang: We received a call from a less-active who gave us Sister Pang's number as a referral. originally she was an english contact but this last week as we taught her about prayer and the holy ghost, she told us how she has always wanted to pray (especially when life is hard) but she doesn't know how! So we taught her all about prayer and I know she felt the spirit. She is progressing slowly but surely and it makes me so happy:)

Sister Park: She originally just randomly showed up to english class. At first she was scared that she would show up and the missionaries would force her to come to church or join our church but when she first met us she realized that that is not what we are about. That we are truly so happy because of the gospel of Jesus Christ that has been revealed to us through the Book of Mormon and that really really just want to invite and share it with others. She invited us to her house and we have been teaching her for a little while now. At first she was still a little hesitant because her husband believes that the presbytarian church must be the most right because it is the biggest in Korea but as she has been reading the Book of Mormon, she is coming to know for herself that it is God's word. How exciting it has been to teach her and watch her progress!

Sister Kang: Such a fun investigator! She actually lives about an hour away from us in a different area but there aren't sister missionaries in that area so we are teaching her! She absolutely loves studying the Book of Mormon with us but she feels she needs more time to be baptized. Tomorrow we are going to go to a BYU wind symphony orchestra concert with her in Busan (BYU is coming to KOREA TOMORROW!soo it's pretty cool we can go!).

Sister Kim: 17 years old and the daughter of a really strong member in our branch. She is so smart and thinks really scientific and has so many questions about the existence of God and our purpose on earth so we are teaching her how to get answers to her questions.

Sister Tae: talked a little about her last week and how my MTC companion sister Dayley found her on a subway! originally english interest only but she is really open-minded about what we teach. She lived in china for 5 years! We introduced the Book of Mormon to her this last week and she was trying to decided while we were teaching her if she was going to read it or not because she knew that if she started, she wouldn't stop until she finished. She is the kind of person who doesn't take what we teach lightly and knows how important it is.

Basically I am feeling so blessed to be here with Sister Broyles in Shinjung. I have never been able to teach so many people with so much potential to progress toward baptism. I have seen how much the gospel has blessed my life and my families life and I know that it will bless all of the people I am teachings lives also. I know that God lives and that this is His work. not the work of man. He is in charge. We are simply a tool in his hands and He deserves all glory. we are indebted to him for all He has given us and He will always bless us more that we can give to Him. I know that following the gospel of Jesus Christ is the only way to find true happiness in this life and after this life. I know God loves us so much and that every trial or or hardship given to us in this life is for one purpose only: to respond by applying Christ's teachings so we can be changed to be more like him. He want us to learn and grow and progress.

I love you all so much and hope you have a great week! Remember to Look up! and be grateful for those around you.

Sister Hurley










we saw this place with cool lantern thingys.

I went on the absolute funnest exchange of my life this past week with my cute girl Sister Nielson!
I have seriously not laughed so hard in a really long time. We talked to EVERYBODY,
passed out a BOM on the street, taught a couple lessons, and had the time of our lives.
Serious am so grateful to be serving with this cute sister of mine.
We first met in the MTC and will go home the same time.



People we are working with...these people are soo important to me!<3

our goals for the week. we always joke about how hard it is to serve together.
so that explains the "don't fight with sister Broyles" goal... haha. I really love Sister Broyles.. We NEVER fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment