Monday, August 10, 2015

가족, 친구, 여러분! 안녕하세요!

How are you? I never know how to start these things...I'm still awkward...I guess some things never change. haha But... this week was really great because we were able to find 3 new investigators! We set a goal to find 3 new people to teach and we prayed that we would be able to accomplish this goal! there were 2 potential investigators that we had that we thought for sure could become new investigators, but they both fell through. But with God's help we were able to see miracle! One lady we met last P-day on the street and were able to teach her a lesson and give her a Book of Mormon. She wanted to meet again! so we were able to teach her the restoration this last week. It went really well and the spirit was so strong. Her husband has passed away just a month earlier so she has been really said. In Korean it literally tranlates to "her heart hurts". She was filled with so much hope as we taught her about eternal families. She insisted that we meet her son and teach him a lesson because he has been going through a hard time with the passing of his father. We were able to meet Him on sunday and teach him with the Elders! We also received a text from a random number this week saying that a month earlier she had received a book of mormon with our number on it and so we asked her if we could meet and she said yes! We were also able to teach her the restoration. Being completely honest, This ladies Korean was so difficult for me to understand! She talked so fast and had a strong accent and asked some really hard questions about the bible. I just prayed so hard in my
heart that, although maybe Sister Thornley and I couldn't understand her very well, and although maybe she couldn't understand our Korean very well, that she would be able to feel our love for her and be able to feel the spirit testify to her that what we were teaching was true. I felt the spirit so strong As we taught about Joseph Smith seeing God the Father and Jesus Christ that I couldn't hold back tears. I know that she felt the spirit too. At the end of the lesson she said that she said that she wanted to meet again and hear more. She said that she has a friend that speaks english really well that she wants to invite to come with her next time! I know that although I am so inadequate and have so many weaknesses, God will strengthen us as we turn to Him and rely on Him. The spirit is the key to conversion. I have learned this more than ever on my mission. I remember the topic of my farewell talk was the spirit and I talked about how it is the spirit that converts, not us. I have come to understand that so much better on my mission. I know that this is God's work, and that it must be done in His way.

We invited a 22 year old girl who has been coming to our english class for the last month or so to start doing family english program with us so we could share spiritual messages with her personally and she said yes! We were able to explain to her this last week why we chose to come on missions and also teach her about God and prayer. She doesn't have any believe in God now, but we hope as we continue to teach her, her heart will be opened. It's a real blessing to be able to teach people that have absolutely no belief in God! It's so hard for me to imagine what life would be like if I thought that way.

This last Tuesday Sister Thornley and I decided to only speak Korean to each other! I have never heard Sister Thornley so quiet! haha. I've always been so impressed though by how much Korean she can understand. Why better than when I was a trainee:) We did really well in trying to only speak Korean. This week we have a more intense goal. We can only speak english during companionship study, 12 week program, and english class! Pray for us! We know that as we strive to speak out
mission language as much as we can, that we will be able to see miracle!

A couple things I learned/thought about this week that I want to share real quick!
-Alma 29:14 "But I do not joy in my own success alone, but my joy is more full because of the success of my brethren, who have been up to the land of Nephi." I am so blessed to have so many righteous friends that have chose to serve missions. I have loved being able to here of their experiences and their successes! So shoutout to all of you!<3 Thank you for your incredible examples to me! Success is sometimes hard to see here in Korea, but I trust that God has place me here for a reason and I am so grateful for that.
-3 Nephi 13:34 "take therefore no though for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. sufficient is the day unto the evil therof" I love this scripture so much! Live in the
moment!<3 -and there are a million other things I learned too but I don't have time so...

Hope you all have a great week! I'm so grateful for this time I can dedicate my life to the service of God.

I love you!

Sister Courtney Hurley<3

Ulsan Zone Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment