Monday, September 7, 2015

Another great week!

I am learning so many different things everyday and I don't have time to tell about it all... this email is going to be really short because I'm almost out of time but here are a few highlights of the week!

-We were able to visit two different member families this past week and help them farm! With one sweet member we shared a message about the parable of the sower and how we need to plant seeds in good ground so it can grow and produce good fruit. She absolutely loved the idea because she loves farming so much so it was cute:) I know that some people receive the gospel with gladness and are so happy but when they are faced with trials, they turn away from God and are offended because of the hard times they are having but I know that the best way to overcome any trial is to turn to God. He will help us through every trial if we allow Him too.<3

While picking peppers, we made a fun little song that our sweet grandmother member started singing with us. It was so cute!!

-we were also able to meet Derek this past week and He is said He is going to start reading the Book of Mormon. He has a lot of doubts about why our church has another book besides the bible but we know that if he reads it with a sincere heart wanting to know if the book is of God, he will receive the answer that it is. He has SO Many questions.

-On Saturday we threw a birthday party for a youth in our branch! It was so fun and He was so happy. I am so grateful for all the little opportunities like this that we have as missionaries to serve others. Learning how to forget my self and love and serve others has really helped me to understand what true happiness and joy is.

-we had stake conference this past week and as the meeting started, I had my arm around a sweet member in our ward who we had just helped farm a few days before and when the choir began to sing, I couldn't hold back tears. I felt the spirit so strong and I felt so much gratitude that that I could be a missionary here in Korea and this time. I love the people here so much. I felt God's love so strongly during the conference.

I'm out of time now... But I love you all so much and am so grateful for all the prayers that are said in my behalf.

Love, Sister Hurley

Farming Life!

We weeded this entire rice field last week!

Throwing the Peppers!

So many peppers..

1 comment:

  1. I love these pictures. We're planning a family trip to Korea next year with our two kids, at the beginning of September, and I've been wondering what kind of light we might get (for pictures, you know). Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete