Tuesday, November 18, 2014

5 Months... what?

I can't believe it has already been 5 months!... seriously I do not really know where time has gone... Anyway... this last week was really quite great because.... I learned a lot about the SPIRIT.<3 I'm going to apoligize in advance because I again... don't have much time to say all that I want to because today we are having a zone Pday about 2 hours away from our area but I will do my best to give you all a good letter:)

This week was soo much better than last week! Sister Kang and I are learning how to communicate better and better with each other everyday. We were able to really open up to each other this last week and understand each other.. it was really neat. Also... I made her want to learn English:) She used to hate English because it is so hard but with me still not being good at Korean... she is sorta forced to learn a little haha but she is excited and has starting asking me questions of what things mean. She can actually understand a lot of what I say from what she learned in school growing up so that has been really nice. I try to speak korean to her as much as I can though! We truly have come to love eachother as we find opportunities to serve eachother each day!

This last week I had the opportunity to teach about the Sabbath day and the importance of keeping it centered on Christ. Memories flooded my mind of when I made the decision to not play volleyball on sunday because I knew it was important to keep the day holy. I was able to share this experience with a family in our ward this past week and testify that we truly are blessed when we keep the commandments God has given us. It was a really neat time for me to share this experience because I could feel the spirit helping me know what to say. Sometimes I feel I get to caught up in learning to speak korean perfectly that I focus too much on the korean rather than focusing on the actual experience and the spirit. This past week I had several experiences where I was able to testify and feel the spirit working through me. These were times I want to remember forever. I know that the language of the spirit is way more important to learn that the language of Korean. The spirit is what converts people.

Also this last week I was able to meet the members of the sacheon branch! Running two areas is soo busy! we switch off each sunday which sacrament meeting we attend. In sacheon there are only about 15 members that attend church so it is like a ward family! We live in in jinju and the church in sacheon is about 1 hour and a half away! So much traveling! In Sacheon they actually have two sacrament meetings on sunday becasue their is a lady in the branch who absolutely not make the first one so us missionaries do I second one for her a little later in the day for only about 30 minutes. I had the opportunity of speaking at both of them because I'm a new missionary and that's what we do haha. I say opportunity because I actually love speaking in church now:) I mean I still stress about it a little bit because Korean... and yeah Korean. But I truly love testifying what I know to be true about our church. I love feeling the spirit work through me. This last week I sought the spirit more and I felt it in more abundance. I worked to truly forget Korean, not worry about making mistakes and let the spirit guide. The spirit is so important! please strive to have it daily! pray for the spirit to guide your life! love and serve those around you! The most important time in your life is now!

I will leave you with a couple scriptures that played a role in my life this past week.
D&C 122:9
John 14:27

Love you all! thank you for all the support. I can feel your love all the way from america to korea! hope you have a great week! I am praying for you!

Love Sister Hurley





No comments:

Post a Comment