Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

Well since it's the week of thanksgiving and all... I have truly been reflecting on the many blessing I have received in my life because of the knowledge I have that I have a Savior. Having His gospel in my life has added a special light that helps me get through each day a little happier.

Well today has been a really relaxing P-Day but it was well needed. We were supposed to have a sister zone P-day 2 hours from our area but because Sister Kang and I are absolutely exhausted so we decided to stay home and rest a little bit. It has been nice:)

This last week I was able to go on the funnest exchange of my life with Sister Hill<3 She is only one transfer older than me so we both don't speak korean super well or really know what we are doing but we both have the fire of being new missionaries so it was a blast! In the 2 1/2 hours we had to street contact we managed to receive 7 contacts and a lesson on the street. (in korea this is a lot okay? haha) But not only did we see so many miracles on this exchange, I learned soo much from her. I am a firm believer that exchanges are inspired. She taught me that I can actually do a whole lot more than I thought I could do. That We don't need to speak Korean perfectly to be good successful missionaries. Everyday I am reminded of How imperfect I am. I have so many weaknesses that I am working to overcome. I still am terrible at Korean too haha. Some days I still can't believe I am trying to learn Korean... haha. but I know that we aren't meant to be perfect. We aren't expected to be perfect. At least not in this life. We are only expected to try to be a little bit better every day and turn the rest over to the Lord. He literally makes up the difference. He fills in the gaps for what we aren't able to do. I'm so grateful I have the knowledge that I have a Savior that can lift my burdens.

This week was also super good because we found a new family to teach! The mother is a less active and she has 3 children. We are doing the family English program with them. I feel there is something special about this family and I am excited to be able to teach them<3

It's been a while since I have sent awkward moments... don't worry, I still have them:)

This last week instead of asking if I could have more potatoes at lunch I asked if I could have more boys. namja vs gamja. they sound really similar okay?! haha so I hope that made you smile a little bit although I am miles away.

I hope you all have a really great week and thanksgiving! I hope you know how grateful I am to have each one of you in my life.

Have the Best week of your life!

Sister Hurley

My area <3
The Sound of Music Korean style.
Me and Sister Hill on our exchange!

Read the book of mormon this week everyone! It's true!
Did I mention that I'm learning how to text in Korean?!

Yummy Food :)

my house:) suppahh nice! sometimes I forget that americans sleep on beds though..








No comments:

Post a Comment