Monday, November 10, 2014

Changes for days.

SOO Many Changes in this last week! Change is always a little hard but I know that there are good things to come! My new companion is Sister Kang, I think I mentioned this last week but she is such a boss! She is pretty young in the mission and only in her 5th transfer but she is completely qualified to be follow up training me.  Her mom and her are the only members in her family and her parents are divorced so yes. She is "daybock" which means "big squash" in korea. which basically translates to awesome.

They use that for things that are a big deal. Anyway, this last week has been quite challenging trying to communicate with each other. We carry our phone dictionary around with us everywhere we go and use it multiple times a day! A lot of the times I am confused as to what is going on but I know it will get better. I know I will learn Korean and hopefully a few other things from this experience:)

Other changes... Our apartment is a mansion compared to my last one. Which means it has 2 rooms! My last one only had one and it was meant for one person to live there haha so I feel like I'm the most spoiled missionary around now with 2 rooms! You think I'm kidding... It's seriously super great:)

Anyway...like I mention last week I am now over 2 areas! A branch and a ward! We switch off each week which one we go to which is a little challenging. The areas are about 1 hour away from each other so we spend a lot of time traveling which Is really a  bummer but I will use this time to study or find people on the bus to teach so it won't be too bad. We don't have many investigators right now so we will have to do a lot of finding this week! Also because we have two areas that means 2 MCMs, 2 service activities, 2 english classes, so each week is pretty full from the start!

I had the opportunity of speaking for the 3rd week in a row in church yesterday and I will be privileged to speak again in my other areas branch next week which will make for 4 weeks in a row! Let's just say i'm beginning not to stress about things like this anymore which is a really great thing haha. It is a lot more fun to speak in church now that I can speak a little bit more too! I know I'm improving a little bit each day even when it doesn't feel like it sometimes.

It was super fun to meet some of my new ward members yesterday! They are all so sweet! The children all attacked me after church and started playing with my blonde hair. I will have to send a picture haha it was pretty funny:) There are a lot of less actives in the area I am in now so I think that this transfer we will work really hard to reactivate them!

Other exciting news! Because one of the areas I am over (sacheon) is really country, every saturday we prune persimmon at our ward mission leaders mother's (who is not a member) farm. haha it is actually really fun and quite the adventure. Never thought I would be doing this on a mission... but I can say that about a lot of things. Persimmon is SOO popular at this time of year in Korea. Sadly I didn't really know it existed before coming to korea!

Anyway this last week was good but hard as always. Missionary work is tough but worth it. I'm here because I love my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ so much and I know that they need me here in Korea at this time. To help the people of Korea but to also teach me so many things that I didn't even know I needed to learn! I'm so grateful for this opportunity I have to be here! I want to work hard every day and do what I can to be a little better and to help others come unto Christ. I love you all so much! Thank you for you love, prayers, and support! It means so much to me! I pray for you all everyday!

Sister Hurley

Mission t-shirt!
Sister Kang and I
They like me cuz I have blonde hair... haha

No comments:

Post a Comment