Sunday, January 18, 2015

Angels

I wish I had more time to write this week but unfortunately I spent the day in another area with my zone relaxing and playing ping pong and kick ball and doing gymnastics (you know how I love gymnastics:)), and eating at meat buffets so my day was full of all sorts of adventures and fun:) korea has the best meat buffets. You just choose what meat you want and cook it yourself on your table. #theebest

But other than having a great P-Day, This last week was full of ups and downs. Kinda like every week in the mission field. We had really good lessons, and some not so good ones, and a lot of lessons that were canceled on us but at the end of the day Sister Lee and I were able to look back and see the miracles and blessings that happened and how God was working in our lives through the hard times. See Lee is good at helping me recognize the things we have to be grateful in everyday.

This last week I was able to have interviews with our Mission President. I'm grateful to know and feel that this man is called of God to labor over our mission. What a blessing it was to be able to talk to him and receive inspiration from him of what God needed me to hear at that time.

I think you may be wondering why the title of this entry is "Angles" Well that is because the scripture of the week for you all is D&C 84:88.

 88 And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mineangels round about you, to bear you up.

This last week I learnered as you diligently, earnestly pour out your heart to Heavenly Father in daily prayer, He will send His angels to help you. He certainly did this for me. I know without a doubt in my mind if we pray with a sincere heart, Heavenly Father will hear our prayers and answer them. Before missionary work, I had a strong testimony of prayer, but as a missionary it continues to grow as I have more questions I need answers to. This guides us to the reality that all trials in this life are for our good. it is so easy to forget this as we are going through such challenging times but I testify that we have a Heavenly Father who truly loves us so much that he wants us to reach our potential. I know that we truly can grow through the experiences and adversity that we face.

I'm out of time but know that I truly love being a missionary. I have never felt so much joy and satisfaction than I do as I talk to people on the street each day and testify of Our loving Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ.

Have a great week and remember to look up!

Love Sister Courtney Hurley

No comments:

Post a Comment