Sunday, January 4, 2015

Happy New Year!

Happy New Years everybody! Although it was New Years, I'm sure you all went to bed at 10:30 because you knew that's what I would be doing right? hehe. I hope you spent the night as usual eating junk food,drinking sparkling cider, playing games, and kissing the one you love at midnight!

Actually, I had a more fun new years than you may think! Our Ward here in jinju decided to have a party so we feasted and played games and got permission to be home at 9:30 instead of 9:00:) super fun! One thing I love about branches and wards here in Korea is how much they are like a family. Our ward members all gathered together and spent the night at the church celebrating the start of the new year. It's tradition in Korea to watch the Sunrise on January first because it marks the new year so us missionaries actually got permission to do just that! So we got up at 5:30 and traveled with our members to a mountain where we bundled together (cuz it was FREEZING) and watched the sunrise! How fun!

This last week I was feeling stressed out for some reasons I can't really explain but it was getting pretty bad so I decided I really needed a priesthood blessing because it was effecting my thinking. On Wednesday I was able to receive a blessing from one of the elders in one of our areas. When I received it, the moment was beautiful. I know the power of the proesthood is real because I know that the words said were God's words that I specifically needed to hear. It was the Elder who gave the blessings very first blessing he had given and a little while after he gave it he came up to me and said that he knew it was God's words when he spoke and not his own. I think we were both blessed through that experience.

This week was also good because we made 2 new investigators!!<3 yayy.I know God was blessing me with the gift of tongues as I taught them! ITS REAL PEOPLE. THE GIFT OF TONGUES IS REAL. if you didn't know it.

This last week was also good because we met with hanmisuk's incredible family and was able to teach them the restoration. This is the family with the two daughters that are twins that are now 10 years old because of the new year. Our lesson with them this last week is one I will want to remember forever. Both of the parents were really listening carefully and asking questions. We gave each of them their very own Book of Mormon and they got so excited. At the end of the lesson sister hanmisuk was able to pray which was such a blessing. Lessons like these are how I pictured missionary work before my mission and when these lessons come, they are truly special. really special. I love this family so much and I am so grateful I am able to teach them with Sister Lee.

Here in Korea, I'm not teaching thousands of lessons each week or converting the masses but I wake up each day determined to give everything I can to the Lord and his work. I have truly come to know that this isn't the work of man but it is God's work. I have watched how this gospel can change lives for the better as it has changed mine.

I hope you all have an incredible week! I hope reading the BOM everyday is one of your new years resolutions:) I promise it will change your life! I know that the Book of Mormon was meant specifically for our day.

I love you all so much and hope you have a great week!

Love
Sister Hurley

oh hey fun facts about my life:

There is a man who lives in the same apartment building as us who I think has a dream to become a professional singer because he sings everyday so lound that we can hear it! He usually starts at 10:30 each night and then starts again the next day at about 8:30 haha. But he is actually pretty good so I think we will let him continue with that dream.

Members!

Sunrise



I received a package from the Garrard's this last week! Loved it so much! <3

Giving book of Mormons to EVERYONE. I wish everyone took them this easily!

Beautiful Korea!


The cutest lil girl in our sacheon branch (the only little girl too... so I can say that) she is one of 2
primary kids that we have and her parents have been living in seoul for the past few months
going to school so I met her for the first time yesterday but we are already best buds.
She wants to be a missionary:)



YooRa and HeeRa the daughters of the amazing family we are teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment