Monday, June 15, 2015

A great week!

Seriously just finished such a great week!

Monday: had to cut p-day a little short cuz we got invited to have family home evening at a members house. The father of the family invited a girl who taught at the same school he did and he wanted to introduce her to the missionaries! It went so well! Sister Thornley and I planned the activity and the spiritual message. Everyone seemed to have a really great time. The referral was so sweet and drove us to a bus stope closer to our home. we were able to talke to her about her religious background and get her number so we could meet her again and share a message! She seems to have a lot of potential and wants to learn more so i'm excited!

Tuesday: We were able to meet our investigator Sister Kang who lives in an area close to ours without sister missionaries. It was a good lession because we were able to see where she is at and what she needs to become converted. At night we had english class and the Elders from my first area came and informed me that Sister KimBoGyeoung (an investigator I had in my first area) was BAPTIZED on sunday! He told me how the gospel has really been able to help her in her life! I remember when I taught her in my first area that she had a lot of problems and hard times that she was trying to get through and I just felt so extremely grateful that the gospel has been able to change her life for the better!

Wednesday: Received Mommas package!! had zone conference, met our investigator Sister Park, and passed out a book of Mormon during proselyting! yay:)

Thursday: MY 1 YEAR MARK. couldn't even believe it. the last year has flown by way too fast! made some goals for the last 6 months of my mission. I really want to walk away feeling as though I have given everything I can to Heavenly Father and His work. I'm grateful I have 6 months left to work as hard as I can. I want to strive everyday to do my best. To be perfectly obedient and to open my mouth to declare the gospel to everyone I can. I know if I do this I will be able to walk away with no regrets. Knowing that I gave everything I could to God's work.

Also on Thursday we were able to have a really grate lesson with a less-active we have been working with. I woke up not really knowing what to teach her and kinda feeling ready to give up on her and drop her because she wasn't progressing... But then I remembered a letter that I had received on wednesday from my previous companion Sister Broyles saying that she had watched a mormon message titled "on the road to damascus" and felt it would be good for this less-active. Without any other ideas in mind, and not being able to watch the video before, we decided to watch it with her. It was taking a big chance because we didn't really know what it was about and we knew we would have to follow the spirit to know what to say. But can I just say I feel we had one of the best lessons that I have ever had with this Less active Sister Kim. The video was exactly what she needed to watch. By the end of our lesson she had an increased desire to read the Book of Mormon. She had felt that before when she had read the BOM, she had read it more like a story or like a histroy book but we emphasized the importance of how we must apply what we learn in the scriptures into our lives and that is how we can become converted. She became excited to see how she could liken the scriptures unto her life. And at the end of the lesson, she said the most beautiful prayer with us. I felt the spirit so strong in the lesson and I know that she felt it too<3

Friday: Met Sister Park again

Saturday: Crazy crazy day! We had the opportunity to go to a relief society activity of some sisters in an area close to our that doesn't have sister missionaries! They asked if we could come and teach them how to make cases for their scriptures! (because in Korea they don't have cases for scriptures like they do in america) I felt it was a really great opportunity to serve. I would be lying if I said it wasn't stressful though! A lot of people needed a lot of help and trying to explain how to make them in Korean was a challenge but by the end it was all worth it and the Relief society sisters were able to make some really beautiful boxes(cases) for their scriptures! I will have to send some pictures.

We then had to run back to our area for an appointment we had. It was with to college students we have been meeting weekly Sister Go and Sister Kim (another sister kim.. haha) but they always show up having done the reading assignment with lots of questions and interest. They are progressing really well!

Sunday: We had church and then in the evening we met our chinese investigator! Let's just say I need to learn chinese! haha. It was kinda really hard to communicate with her. She speaks english a little and korean a little bit more than her english... but overall it is kinda challenging. we were able to give her a book of mormon in Chinese though! and we are getting all of the pamphlets in chinese and hopefully we can find some mormon messages or something in chinese for her too. if you find anything let me know:)

We had a really cool experience after the lesson with prayer that I have to share! We left her house at about 8:20 and we needed to be home by 9 but 20 minutes passed and not a single but or taxi had come so we were getting a little nervous but I had the thought that we needed to say a prayer! So we prayed and immediately as Sister Thornley said Amen, a taxi showed up right in front of us! we were able to make it home on time! I know God heard our prayer and was helping us be obedient!

I have still really enjoyed being a trainer and feel I am closer than I have ever been to the missionary that Heavenly father wants me to become and it feels really great. I am still so far from perfection but I feel I am headed in the right direction. Being a trainer is really pushing me to do my best in every situation because I want to set a good example.

I love you all! Thank you for your support! I hope you have a great week! and watch out for MERS! (or is that only in Korea?) make sure you are wearing your face mask! (if you don't know what it is look it up)

Love, Sister Hurley

Some of the cute scripture cases the members made!

Chinese Book of Mormon and pamphlet! I don't know Chinese!


No comments:

Post a Comment