Monday, November 2, 2015

HALLOWEEN! 할로윈!

We had the opportunity of having a Zone meeting this past week and I was filled with the spirit as a missionary in my zone read 2 nephi 27:21:

21 Touch not the things which are sealed, for I will bring them forth in mine own due time; for I will show unto the children of men that I am able to do mine own work.

One of the greatest things I have gained on my mission is a testimony that this is truly God's work. Everything is according to God's plan and time in the mission field. This isn't our work, but as we do our best and work really hard, God will bless us. I have learned that as we show God that we want to do His work, He will let us be a part of this special work.

This last week consisted of Halloween preparation and Halloween english class and a Halloween party. We decided just two weeks ago that we were going to throw a halloween party so it was a little hectic trying to plan and put everything together for it but it turned out so awesome. Way better than I could have hoped for. We worked so hard to put it all together and invite everyone that we could. Every effort we put into it completely payed off on Saturday at the party. We were able to see so many miracles and it was a complete success. Before the party we had a halloween english class. We played halloween bingo and then did 2 different halloween word searches and gave out lots of candy. I think that everyone that came had a really fun time. Later in the evening at 4 we started out halloween party. Out investigator Gwondohee came with her friend, Out other investigator Parkheesun came with her 2 kids and her sister who is a less active and her kids, Derrik came, Aya came with her 2 kids, 2 random kids who saw our invitation for the party in the elevator of our building, and one of our members invited 6 of her students who were 13 who all got permission from their parents to come who all became potential investigators. We had about 10 of our church members who were able to make it. We had more investigators, less-actives, and potential investigators than members who came! haha. it was awesome! We planned all sorts of activities, (shoutout to my incredible mother who gave me most of the ideas) We had a photo booth where people could go inside a coffin and take a picture, we made creepy skeleton hands with popcorn, played pin the tail on the cat, guess how much candy is in the jar, toilet paper mummy races, and a few other activites as well. Our members also prepared a really good dinner! We were so happy about the turnout of people! yay Happy Halloween!!!

I had a really neat spiritual experience yesterday while I was at church. It was fast and testimony meeting and I was about to get up and bear my testimony about God and His love for each of us but I wanted to be reassured that this truth was real before I got up. so I said a sincere prayer to Heavenly father simply asking Him, " Do you really love me?" my answer came so strongly and immediately as I felt the spirit I imagined Heavenly Father saying "of course I love you! How could you think that I don't love you?" I felt like Heavenly Father was so sad that I would think that He didn't love me. tears began to fall down my cheeks. I know without a doubt that the truth that God loves us is real. It's not something that church leaders tell us to make us feel better but it's a truth. God truly does loves us with an infinite and eternal love despite our weaknesses and mistakes. This was an experience I hope I never ever forget.

Also this morning during personal study I was able to read Mark 14-16 and I was completely filled with the spirit. I was reminded that Christ truly is our Savior and that He lives. How grateful I feel to have a Savior who frees me from sin as I turn to Him. I know that the missionary work I am doing right now is the best thing I could do for my life.

As I look back on the past 17 months I can confidently say that I have never given up. I haven't been a perfect missionary but I have tried my best. I maybe haven't been able to reach the high standards that I set for myself but I know that God is proud of what I have done and what I am doing. I don't have a perfect knowledge of the gospel and I have so many weaknesses but I have tried to rely on God in all things and He has answered my prayers and has shown me miracles. My mission has been way far from what I expected but I trust that I have been given what I need the most to help me in my life. I will never regret the decision that I have made to serve a mission! Words can't express my gratitude for the opportunity I have to be a missionary. I have less than 7 weeks left and I will be so sad to leave this incredible country that I now call home.

I love you all so much!
The Church is True!!

Sister Hurley<3



Our English card that we hand out!

Bowling!


Preparing for Halloween!




No comments:

Post a Comment