Monday, October 27, 2014

1 Week Left as a Trainee

What! These last 3 months have flown by and it's hard to believe in 1 week I will be considered a real missionary... well with a follow up trainer... haha. But I am so excited to see what the future holds! I will find out who my new companion is and whether I am staying in Bangeojin or not this Thursday! So crazy!

Not gonna lie, this last week was rough. But it was only rough because a lot of the time we weren't doing actual missionary work (and by this I mean we didn't have a lot of time to teach people)! ahh I love missionary work so not doing it... well it's when times are rough haha. This last week we had zone conference which took up almost an entire day! It was really really good. I was reminded how important and vital the spirit is to have when we teach as missionaries. Without the spirit, we truly cannot teach. I know this is true with all my heart. The spirit NEEDS to be present in order for our investigators to truly be converted. Also, This last week us missionaries here in the Bangeojin branch had to do all the preparation for the Halloween party! We were put in charge of building a haunted house. yeah what? haha I had no Idea missionaries did things like that.... only in Korea I guess. Also we were in charge of figuring out all the games to play and making them so we made a bean bag toss game out of card board and a jeopardy game for our Halloween English class that we had. We had to plan and work on all this for about 2 1/2 days! I just had to keep reminding myself that it was all going to be worth it because we were inviting everyone to the Halloween party! Well... Saturday came... and Miracles happened at the Halloween party! One of the Sister Kims we are teaching... the one with the English club who we sorta had to drop... because we couldn't teach lessons.. I'm pretty sure I wrote about that... ANYWAYS... She came to the party! with her husband and her two kids! and they all speak English really well so I was able to help them all night while Sister Bonney helped with the other games. I taught them how to carve a pumpkin haha it was really fun actually. And then while their kids were running around in the church going through the haunted house (which was in the basement of the church...) and playing all the games, I was able to bring up the gospel with Sister Kim and her husband! supposedly Her husband met the missionaries 20 years ago and they gave him a Book of Mormon and he read the whole thing in one day because he loves history! soooo crazy! He actually remembered quite a lot about our church. and he had so many questions. This led into Me grabbing Sister Bonney and the four of us going into a room and having a lesson! During the crazyness of the Halloween party we snuck away and taught a lesson. It was incredible. We were able to give Sister kim a book of Mormon and her husband really wants her to read it. We plan to meet them again this week! All the Halloween prep became worth it because of that moment right there. 

This last week I also gave a talk in church. The Branch president said I could speak on anything so I decided to speak on charity... something I believe to be one of the most important things in life. I read Moroni 7: 48 and talked about how we can't develop charity alone.. we MUST pray for charity. I believe this is true with all my heart because I have tried it. We must pray for charity every day! 

Anyway! I love you all so much! Oh we had another Mandatory mission pday today where we ran another 5k. My mission president and his wife are super fit and they love working out! It's always fun to get together and see the other missionaries!

Love you all! 
Sister Hurley

Awkward moments:

That awkward moment when I think I am speaking second in church because that is how they announced it and that is what the program says but supposedly the first speaker forgot he was speaking so while I was praying that I could speak with the spirit everyone is staring at me and my companion nudges me and all of a sudden I went up and spoke... haha. hopefully people didn't think I was sleeping!

Masks!
We made these for the Halloween party!
Mom, we used the banner you sent!

No comments:

Post a Comment