Thursday, July 3, 2014

4th of July!

Momma and Liz thank you so much for the 4th of July packages! Me and My companion are wearing our matching shirts today! We love them so much. Also, there were enough cupcakes for all the sisters in my branch (all 12 of us), all the elders in my district, and my teachers! They were delicious. Thank you so much!

Being completely honest, this past week was the most challenging one yet, but I still LOVE being a missionary.

Tuesday Night we had another incredible devotional. Lowell M. Snow (A former Seventy) spoke to us on becoming true disciples. He told a story of 2 elders in Germany who couldn't speak the language very well. They taught this lady who decided to be baptized. Later when they asked her why she decided to be baptized she said, "honestly I didn't understand everything you said but it was the virtue in your faces that drew me in" She said she saw Christ when she looked at them.

I want to be like this. I don't know how fluent I will ever be in Korean, but I want people to see the light of Christ when they look at me. A quote Tom shared with me this week in his email was, "Live so that those who know you and don't know him, will want to know him because they know you". I love this. 

Yesterday, the Korean Branch here at the MTC gained 30 new elders and 2 new sisters so that was exciting! We love Wednesdays here at the MTC because all the new missionaries that come in.
One of my favorite teachers this past week left the MTC to go work for the Mormon Channel. On her last day, I got to have a one on one interview with her where she shared the scripture ALMA 31:38 with me.
It says:
"And the Lord provided for them that they should hunger not, neither should they thirst; yea, and he also gave them strength, that they should suffer no manner of afflictions, save it were swallowed up in the joy of Christ. Now this was according to the prayer of Alma; and this because he prayed in Faith."

This scripture is so powerful. The knowledge we have that the Lord can truly "swallow" up all of our afflictions in the Joy of Christ if we pray to him in Faith is amazing. I KNOW this is true. I have seen him guiding me every step of the way as a missionary. He WILL lift our burdens. He knows  what I need to go through right now so that I can be a successful and happy missionary. 

We are teaching two investigators right now and we are learning so much from this experience. I have seen how powerful the spirit is in teaching our lessons. Through our broken Korean, our investigators have been able to come closer to Christ only because the spirit has lead them.

I hope that you all have a wonderful 4th of July!! Go light some fireworks for me!! I love you all so much!!

Love,
Sister Hurley

We weird.

The big map that is apparently a MUST to get a picture by :)
In our matching shirts!

4th of July Cupcake Party!

No comments:

Post a Comment