Thursday, August 7, 2014

Last Week in the MTC!

Woah. I can't believe the time has finally come for me to go to KOREA! I feel like I have lived here forever but at the same time I feel like I just got here. This past week was possibly the best week I have had here at the MTC.

Some highlights included:
FRIDAY
*We had our first skype TRC. We were able to skype a Korean member who is living in Korea right now! It was really fun! We had a discussion about how we can better recognize God's answers to our prayers. Prayer is always one of my favorite things to talk about because I have such a strong testimony of it. Being here at the MTC I have never prayed so much in my life. When we are happy or when we are sad. I know God always wants to hear from us and that he is mindful of us and what we need. He is ALWAYS there to strengthen us. I have felt his love so greatly being here.

*Another highlight of Friday is that we got our FLIGHT PLANS!!!!!! I am flying to TEXAS, and then to JAPAN, and then to KOREA :) I'M GOING TO JAPAN. I have never been out of the country and now I am going to 2 in one day!:) I got quite lucky actually because there are 4 flights leaving the same day as me going to Korea with members of my zone it it and ours is the only one going to Japan. Matt I will be sure to say hi to your home away from home:) and Alisa, I will wave to you while I am in your country!:)

SATURDAY:
*HAPPY ANNIVERSARY PARENTALS/ HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALESHA & ANDREW!
Sounds like you did some fun things on your anniversary!

SUNDAY/MONDAY/TUESDAY:
BEST DAYS I HAVE HAD HERE.
*On Sunday we get some time to go on the computers and watch Mormon messages. There is a new one about God's light. GO WATCH IT. NOW. SERIOUSLY. It's incredible. 
*On Sundays temple walk I met Brother and Sister Gillbert who recently returned from being mission presidents in the Korea Busan Mission! (They are the one's with the picture in my call packet) They got me SO EXCITED FOR KOREA. They work at the MTC now which is super neat! They gave us the advice of just going and LOVING and SERVING the people and to not worry about the Language and they will love us and they will feel God's love for them. This was super comforting:)
*Sunday night devotional I saw my roommate Alex Spruill! Sooo fun to catch up:) She is going to Argentina!
*After Sunday night devotional we have the opportunity of watching different films. My companion and I chose to go to a Bednar talk titled Character of Christ. It was so incredible. We actually had gone to it our first Sunday here but I had forgotten a lot of things in it. It was the perfect talk to watch before heading to Korea. 
*On Tuesday we had another Devotional. It was about the blessings of the Temple. After the devotional we have a district review where we discuss what we learned and share experience. This was one of the most powerful and spiritual district reviews that we have had. My district has become my family away from family. There was not a dry eye in the room. Everyone shared experiences of how the Temple has blessed their lives. It made me reflect on how the Temple has incredibly blessed my life. I have such a strong Testimony that Temples are of God. I remember My first semester at BYU when Emily helped me get in the habit of attending the temple EVERY WEEK. It didn't matter if it was finals week or if we were super busy, we always found time. I also remember that that was a time in my life that I felt closer to Heavenly Father than ever before (besides now:)) The temple is where I was at when I knew without a doubt that I was to serve a mission. Even now when I attend the temple each week I receive guidance and answers to my prayers. I was also reminded of the incredible opportunity I had to go through the temple with my best friend and Sister Whitney:) What a great day that was for our family! Just saying. I got the best family award by a long shot.

WEDNESDAY: One of the rougher days here but there were so many tender mercies!
*I SAW KATIE!!!!! One of my best friends that I met at BYU second semester! She is going to Italy on her mission and she has truly changed my life for the better!

*My companion and I got invited to be the main missionaries for the new missionaries "People and your purpose" activity. For some reason we were both so nervous for this. There were about 40 missionaries (brand new to the mtc) who would watch us (hopefully) be a good example of how you are supposed to begin teaching an investigator. We were to knock on a door, introduce ourselves as missionaries and ask if they would like to hear a message or say that one of their friends referred them to us. And then were were to walk in (where the missionaries are all watching us) and get to know the investigator, somehow transition into religion.(Ya know, normal missionary stuff haha) But I think we were so nervous because we would be teaching in english and we were so used to only teaching in korean. While being here at the MTC, we try to speak Korean as much as possible and as much as we know so there are certain words programmed in my brain that it unnatural to go back to English. ANYWAYYY It actually turned out being really fun and I think we did alright. We had to practice saying yes and no to eachother over and over before going in so we wouldn't end up saying nay(yes) and aniyo(no). It was challenging haha but we did it.

I almost forgot to mention we have two native Korean Sisters here right now who are so incredible. I seriously love them oh so much! There names are Sister Lee and Sister Choi. Sadly they are both going to different missions than me but I have a feeling we will catch up after the mission because they are both going to be attending schools in the states! Saying goodbye to them will be tough because we have grown so close! I will be sure to take some pictures to send home:)

Anyway, next time I email I will be in KOREA. I am so excited to start this new adventure of my mission! I love you all so much and can feel your prayers strengthening me every day. 

Love

Sister Hurley (Hurley Ja Mae)
 

Meeting Brother and Sister Gilbert!!
Being a Missionary can be Tiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment